BACHELOR DEGREE IN BANKING AND MONEY MARKET
The Bachelor Degree in Banking and Money Market is designed to provide current and would- be banking professionals with the expertise needed to handle the current dynamic and challenging business environment requirements for banking and finance professionals and practitioners, coupled with practical knowledge and certificate that will lead to entrepreneurship skills in core specialization areas of banking through global and local certification and global exemptions from leading institutions of higher learning.
Our mission is centered on provision of leading edge program in banking and finance with practical intuitions and rigorous trainings and study that will afford every student the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in their current employment or be able to join immediately a team of leaders in their first or next employment; attention will be given to at least five core specialization areas that can also form the bedrock of the school mission of building expertise, entrepreneurs, knowledge based leaders at every level or session of the program with industry tested and developed curriculum in investment banking, universal banking, mortgage and microfinance.
Also, the school’s plan is to build on the current less effective tertiary training in this area that is not yielding the needed results requested for in human capital development in banking and closing the knowledge gap existing between the tertiary institution curriculum and the relevant industry expectations. At least giving the students the opportunity to justify their certificate and build confidence to face future challenges anywhere in the world; while leading the pack of professionals needed to run the future of the region’s banking sectors.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This program is practical oriented, as well as industry and technologically driven with requisite local and global standards. The goal of the course is to equip the students with conceptual knowledge and relevant operating techniques for them to be able to render professional and strategic banking services and able to make decisions in highly complex banking management, practice and regulations. The aim of this course is for the students to develop an understanding of the practical ways of handling various dynamic financial issues in the industry and to enhance independent skills of handling issues such as local and global financial institutions, universal banking challenges, credit administrations, risk management and control etc
The specific admission requirements are as follows:
A minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, in English Language, Mathematics, and any other three relevant subjects to the programme in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSCE) or its approved equivalent.
Direct Entry (D.E.)
- Candidates who fulfill the Prelimnary admission requirements in above and who have obtained General Certificate of Education (GCE), Advanced Level; Higher School Certificate (HSC)/Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) or other approved equivalent in two relevant subjects to a particular programme, at a sitting, may be admitted into the year two
- A minimum qualification of a diploma in banking & finance, accounting and other management related qualifications from the school or other recognized institutions across the country.
- Full or Intermediate Professional examinations Pass in accounting and banking & finance with local and recognized international professional examination bodies
- Foreign qualification will be assessed on their merits and credits by the Board
- A good command of English language. Presently, all teachings will be in English, a good knowledge of this language is essential
- A pass in the entry examination, which forms the crust of the selection to the programme
- Also, minimum class population admission will also form part of other secondary selection criteria
MODE OF STUDY
- The study mode will be both full and part time with lectures, practical and seminars taking place from morning, afternoon, evening and weekends.
- The mode of study will be class face to face lectures, while the core of the lectures will hold in the laboratory where the practical of each lecture will be delivered and experimentation carried out.
- Periodic seminars and external lecture series from industry professionals and foreign academics
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARD OF DEGREE
Candidates must satisfy the general regulations of the university. In addition, all compulsory courses and requisite number of electives must be taken and passed before a candidate could be qualified for the award of the degree.
The academic regulation of the school will be found in the students and academic manuals, which regulates the academic activities and students performances in the programme and the school.