BACHELOR DEGREE IN APPLIED FINANCE
BSc in Applied Finance is designed with a curriculum, to assists finance oriented professionals or students with the basic of the integrated parts of applied financial management.
It is predominantly applications in study with practical knowledge and certificate that will lead to entrepreneurship skills in core specialization areas of financial markets through global and local certification and global exemptions from leading institutions of higher learning. Graduate or undergraduate in this programme will be given the basic requirement to plan for local and financial examinations.
The program is ideal for students who are working in the financial services industry and who want to deepen their knowledge of applied finance. It is also suitable for those students who come from a non-finance background and who would like to transition across to the financial services sector.
Our mission is centred on provision of leading edge program in financial markets with practical intuitions and rigorous trainings and study that will afford every students opportunity to make a meaningful impact in its current employment or be able to join immediately a team of leaders in its first or next employment. Attention will be given to at least five core specialization that can also form the bedrock of the school mission of building expertise, entrepreneurs, knowledge based leaders at every level or session of the program with industry tested and developed curriculum in securities management, corporate finance, asset and wealth management, risk management etc.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This program is a practical oriented, with industry and technological driven with requisite local and global standardization. The goal of the course is to equip the students with conceptual knowledge and relevant operating techniques for them to be able to render professional and strategic investment services and able to make decisions in highly complex banking management, practice and regulations. The aim of this course is for the student to develop an understanding of the practical ways of handling various dynamic investment and financial issues in the industry and to enhances independence skills of handling issues such as local and global financial institutions, financial markets, corporate finance, risk
MODE OF STUDY
- The study mode will be both full and part time with lectures, practical and seminars taking place from morning, afternoon, evening and weekends.
- The mode of study will be class face to face lectures, while the core of lectures will hold in the laboratory where the practical of each lectures will be delivered and experimentation carried out.
- Periodic seminars and external lecture series from industry professionals and foreign academics
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
The specific admission requirements are as follows:
- Academic qualifications
A minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, in English Language, Mathematics, and any other three relevant subjects to the programme in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSCE) or its approved equivalent.
Direct Entry (D.E.)
a Candidates who fulfill the Prelimnary admission requirements in above and who have obtained General Certificate of Education (GCE), Advanced Level; Higher School Certificate (HSC)/Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) or other approved equivalent in two relevant subjects to a particular programme, at a sitting, may be admitted into the year two
- A minimum qualification of a diploma in capital market operation and other management science related qualifications from the school or other recognized institutions across the country.
- Full or Intermediate Professional examinations Pass in investment, accounting and banking & finance with local and recognized international professional examination bodies
- Foreign qualification will be assessed on their merits and credits by the Board
- A good command of English language. Presently, all teachings will be in English, a good knowledge of this language is essential
- A pass in the entry examination, which forms the crust of the selection to the programme
- Also, minimum class population admission will also form part of other secondary selection criteria
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARD OF DEGREE
Candidates must satisfy the general regulations of the university. In addition, all compulsory courses and requisite number of electives must be taken and passed before a candidate could be qualified for the award of the degree