BACHELOR DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL REPORTING
Bachelor Degree in Accounting & Financial Reporting is designed to provide current and would- be accounting professionals with the expertise needed to handle the current dynamic and challenging business environment requirements for accounting professionals and practitioners, coupled with practical knowledge and certificate that will lead to entrepreneurial skills in core specialization areas of accounting through global and local certification.
Our mission is centered on provision of leading edge program in accounting with practical intuitions and rigorous trainings and study that will afford every student the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in their current employment or be able to join immediately a team of leaders in the first or next employment. Attention is given to at least five core specialization areas that also form the bedrock of the school mission of building entrepreneurs at every level or session of the program with industry tested and developed curriculum in financial consulting, taxation, insolvency, audit and assurance services, corporate finance etc.
Also, the school’s plan is to build on the current less effective tertiary training in this area that is not yielding the needed results needed for the human capital development in accounting and closing the knowledge gap existing between the tertiary institution curriculum and the relevant industry expectations. At least giving the students an opportunity to justify their certificate and build confidence to face future challenges
anywhere in the world
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The course is aimed at providing an overview of the workings of accounting. This program is practical oriented, and is driven by requisite local and global standards. The goal of the course is to equip the students with conceptual knowledge and relevant operating techniques for them to be able to render stewardship accounting and able to make decisions in highly complex accounting practice and regulations. The aim of this course is for the students to develop an understanding of the practical ways of handling various accounting issues in the industry and to enhance independent skills of handling issues such as local and global financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting, local and international tax advisory, planning and regulations; carry out audit and assurance services at both internal and external positions.
The specific admission requirements are as follows:
A minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, in English Language, Mathematics, and any other three relevant subjects to the programme in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSCE) or its approved equivalent.
Direct Entry (D.E.)
a Candidates who fulfill the Prelimnary admission requirements in above and who have obtained General Certificate of Education (GCE), Advanced Level; Higher School Certificate (HSC)/Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) or other approved equivalent in two relevant subjects to a particular programme, at a sitting, may be admitted into the year two
- A minimum qualification of a diploma in banking & finance, accounting and other
management related qualifications from the school or other recognized institutions across the
- Full or Intermediate Professional examinations Pass in accounting and banking & finance with
local and recognized international professional examination bodies
- Foreign qualification will be assessed on their merits and credits by the Board
- A good command of English language. Presently, all teachings will be in English, a good knowledge of this language is essential
f A pass in the entry examination, which forms the crust of the selection to the programme
- Also, minimum class population admission will also form part of other secondary selection
MODE OF STUDY
- The study mode will be both full and part time with lectures, practical and seminars taking place from morning, afternoon, evening and weekends.
- The mode of study will be class face to face lectures, while the core of the lectures will hold in the laboratory where the practical of each lecture will be delivered and experimentation carried out.
- Periodic seminars and external lecture series from industry professionals and foreign academics
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARD OF DEGREE
Candidates must satisfy the general regulations of the university. In addition, all compulsory courses and requisite number of electives must be taken and passed before a candidate could be qualified for the award of the degree.