How do I apply?
Apply online for admission to CPTEC. The application processing fee is N10,000/ CFA15,000/ $50 for all Undergraduate applicants and for masters Applicants N20,000/ CFA 30,000/ $100.
When does the academic year begin?
All undergraduate programs have entries in mid-August (fall) and early February (spring). Most graduate programs have fall entries, and some will have spring entries as well. Take a look at our academic calendar for more specific info.
What is the deadline for applying?
The deadline for International Students and Applicants to finish the admissions process is August 1 for fall/August entry or January 20 for spring/February entry.
Can I transfer my credits?
Undergraduate degree students can apply transfer credits to cover general education requirements, and electives, and up to half the course work in the major, for a maximum of 90 total credits. Transfer credits are accepted for courses completed with a grade of “C” or higher. The Admissions Office can provide an estimate of your transferable credits based on transcripts provided during the application process. For more exact info, our Enrollment Center and academic advisors can evaluate your transcripts either before enrollment or during academic advising sessions after you’ve enrolled.
What are the entrance requirements?
For Bachelor’s programs:
- We require all Bachelor’s applicants to hold a high school diploma or equivalent. (Note: For applicants with 24 or more transferable college/ University credits.)
- In general, we require Bachelor’s applicants to have received a 2.5 GPA or above from their most recent institution attended. Applicants with below a 2.5 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications.
For Master’s programs:
- We require all Master’s applicants to hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- In general, we require Master’s applicants to have received a 3.0 GPA or above for their undergraduate study. Applicants with below a 3.0 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications.
What are the criteria for admission?
When reviewing applicants for admission, we consider each prospective student’s overall potential. Factors include:
- Academic record
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Dedication to developing full potential
- Extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- Recommendations from teachers, employers, or others who know the applicant well
- Answers to essay questions, personal interview, and other information